Observe, Learn, Act

To share and learn trading ideas on stocks, options, futures, warrants, forex, etc ... Mainly dedicated in analyzing Tech

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Financials

I have been follow financials lately since it has its own defined trend and it tends to lead the overall market.  Today we wouldn't want to be holding FAZ in our portofolios as it plunged around 40% today.  Although many are loading up the FAZ but I still think it can go down a little more.  It's currently around $60 a piece.

I was actually anticipating this huge sell off in FAZ sparked by this rally.  Below the blue oval indicates where I bought in FAZ put 80, and the purple is where I gave up when it lost half of its value.  However if I held on to it until today, I would have gotten a gain instead.

Let's review what went wrong, XLF is making lower lows each day and I kept the bleeding going until I gave up.  Notice if price is making daily lows everyday, I would be able to set a safe stop-loss point.  The desired locations are the blue arrows, with stop being previous low.

I personally think the market can head higher these few days so I am waiting for a lower entry on FAZ.

No comments: